North to Alaska!

Pics
Ah yes! Cold is indeed a subjective term when it comes to how it feels to an individual.... but not for painting which is what I need to do on the hen house! ;-)

They have shipped!! My girls are on their way. Inside brooder all ready for their first few weeks!

2 rare marans (looks like both are blue splash), 1 golden campine, 1 barred rock, 1 buff orp, 1 Delaware, 1 cuckoo maran, 1 dom, 4EE, 1 gold and 1 silver lace Wyandotte, 1 NH red, 1 salmon favorelle, 1 speckled Sussex, and a meal maker.

Yeah, my girls arrived. I even got a few extra. unfortunatly i have lost 9. 5 on arrival, 2 the next day. 1 each the next 2 days. hopefully I'm good now. the worst part is out of 7 red leghorns i ordered 5 have died.

Yeah, my girls arrived. I even got a few extra. unfortunatly i have lost 9. 5 on arrival, 2 the next day. 1 each the next 2 days. hopefully I'm good now. the worst part is out of 7 red leghorns i ordered 5 have died.

AK! :hugs

Where did you order from?

I usually loose one or two, I think the trip to nowhere Alaska is a bit long, but loosing that many is heart wrenching! I am so sorry you had to go through that.

I ordered from Meyer hatchery and they got to wasilla in 24 hours. All healthy and happy. I'm sure the trip to outlying areas is harder on them. Sorry to hear about the losses.
1f614.png

I ordered from McMurray. They shipped on Sat the 1st and i got them Mon the 3rd. 5 were DOA. 3 red leghorns, 1 columbian wyanndott and 1 black giant. 2 more of the reds were kind of lethargic and died later that night. The next morning 1 of my buff orps was dead. This one appeared to be blind the first day. Thurs afternoon another black giant had died. This one seemed to be the runt of the batch. She was by far the smallest of the blacks. Other than being smaller, she was real energetic the previous days. Kind stumped by that one. No real pasty butt issues and the temps have been consistent.

Back
Top Bottom