Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

I have the template and will be happy to make up some name tags for those who want one...Kayla, I already included your name. Anyone else can put a post on this thread. We just have to figure out where to distribute the tags.

Maybe at Roberta's booth so when you all are buying her lovely jewelry and Suzanne's adorable crocheted chicks, you can also pick up your name tags?
Count me in!

I was hoping to include the BYC screen name and the persons first name. I'll make up a tag for anyone who has already posted on this thread.

Do exhibitors get ID holders to hang around their necks? It would actually be more cost effective for me, if I could print up multi colored tags for folks to insert in ID holders, rather than buy a box of expensive stick on labels. This would make it easy to pick out fellow BYCers in the crowd if the tags are hanging.

What do you think of that idea? Do you all have them at home? If not, HomeDepot sells them in their key department. These can even be purchased at dollar stores or college bookstores.
Tina
What kind of paper are you printing on? We could always take a safety pin and pin it to your clothing. Easy and cheap if the material holds.
big_smile.png

Some shows hand out the "Hello, my name is...." but truthfully, most people don't wear them. Except the newbies.
The Old timers figure if you don't already know them...
Let me look in my inventory.. I think I ordered lanyards for things just like this, and if I can't find them, I do have a few last minute things I need to order.
I DON'T have the plastic pocket they go in. Will look for those, but unless they are cheep, I not getting them.
Sorry, money is at a premium this time of year.
What about the newbies (like myself) who do not know the old timers? We'll just have to go around asking questions to try to learn who's who and drive everybody nuts?
lol.png

got an email back from the department of agriculture, SHE said they will need to be tested. But this is not true right? I posted the email I sent her a page back.

I have another question for anyone who is experienced with this show, are well behaved little dogs allowed? On leash of course and in a bag if necessary. My friend has to bring her lhasa apso with us but we need to know if we can bring her to the show because that is where we will be all day and we really don't want to leave her in the car or something.

They will ask your friend and dog to leave no matter what size.
well I just read the showbook and it said dogs on the fairgrounds need to be leashed, but no dogs inside the show building. Which is fine. So I think that means she can come with us but we need to walk her around outside, away from the chickens.

She will freeze to death in the car. I have seen VERY well behaved dogs in a stroller.
There are areas inside the building that are "safe", away from the coops, by the vendors.
If she is well behaved, it may be OK, but if she starts to fuss when she sees the birds, you may have a problem.

Count me in!

What kind of paper are you printing on? We could always take a safety pin and pin it to your clothing. Easy and cheap if the material holds.
big_smile.png

What about the newbies (like myself) who do not know the old timers? We'll just have to go around asking questions to try to learn who's who and drive everybody nuts?
lol.png
I asked BYC for handouts, haven't heard back.
Last year, we had a hospitality table, promoting BYC.
It was nice to be able to sit down and relax and chat, and meet everybody.
I will try to bring as many extra chairs for that purpose this year, but last year, it was hard to leave and check my birds.
We did have a bunch of volunteers (thank you, everybody again) and had a great time!
Maybe if I have room in my clown car, I can take another table just for a little pit stop.

Just for the record, the complex prohibits outside food, they have a caterer on premise, and they ask visitors to use them.
The food was good, and reasonably priced, so don't stress over it.

Back
Top Bottom