NORTHERN California!

Yes i do know the Weber's I lived just a few houses down from them. I still see Ross once in a while. The oldest Roy moved to Arkansas. And T.M and Andy are still in town. I went to Bellevue, Cook, and Piner. Elsie wasn't built yet when i went to high school. I have 11 right now but am expecting a hatch on tues-thurs. I am just raising them for Eggs and as a hobby for my kids and myself. So what mmade you move up north? What breeds do you have? And what are you using them for?
Thats awesome... definitely a small world
smile.png
I haven't seen any of them in over a decade!
I moved to get out of the city, honestly. I grew up camping around here & found out later that my man was from these parts
so we high tailed it outta Sonoma County to start our family & live off the land.
I found this sight a couple years ago when one of my hens was sick... This sight rocks! (I recently replaced my Facebook addiction w/ it.)
I have RIRs, barred rocks, buff orpingtons, light brahmas, araucanas, aconas, wyandottes & one black sexlink. About 40 chickens total right now. I started keeping them just for eggs but when the hens got a little older & stopped laying so well I realized that I was ready to butcher my own meat. Chickens are a good place to start. (We're already spoiled w/ a great meat department in our local store that butchers sells all the local 4H livestock.) Commercial raised chicken is flavorless compared to homegrown!
So ya... thats pretty much my story of the chicken "hobby". I'm in love w/ them & the kids love collecting eggs.
welcome-byc.gif

Yes i do know the Weber's I lived just a few houses down from them. I still see Ross once in a while. The oldest Roy moved to Arkansas. And T.M and Andy are still in town. I went to Bellevue, Cook, and Piner. Elsie wasn't built yet when i went to high school. I have 11 right now but am expecting a hatch on tues-thurs. I am just raising them for Eggs and as a hobby for my kids and myself. So what mmade you move up north? What breeds do you have? And what are you using them for?

It is nice up there. I go up to Blue lakes once a year and we enjoy it. when i was young we had a full blown farm with cattle, pigs, chickens ( my Dad raised cock fighters) goats, ect. Now its just dogs, cats, and chickens. Its still farm land around here although tract homes are only a mile away.

It is nice up there. I go up to Blue lakes once a year and we enjoy it. when i was young we had a full blown farm with cattle, pigs, chickens ( my Dad raised cock fighters) goats, ect. Now its just dogs, cats, and chickens. Its still farm land around here although tract homes are only a mile away.
Hey rowlow
I just wanted to tell you there is another CA thread (if you didn't catch that yet) & it's way more active... California- Northern.

wink.png

im in sonoma 24 chickens 2 dogs 3 boys and 1 girl and soon to add goats not sure of the laws only have a 1/2 arce

Hello sonoma71.

There is another more active thread California-Northern. This has a few old dates in the posting. I'm sure you will find some really nice and knowledgeable people pretty close to you.

Back
Top Bottom