NORTHERN California!

Pics
Hi! I'm in Humboldt County too~ work and live in Arcata
smile.png
My roommates and I just picked up our chicks (Yes!!) and are going to start building our coop next weekend. We have been brainstorming construction ideas for keeping their coop & run dry with all this rain we get up here-(yesterday was wild!). What do your coop/runs look like? do you use straw, sand...french drains... in the runs? what is successful?

Anyone affected by the landslide on hwy 101 near Garberville? I sure can't imagine having my kids stuck on one side at school, with me on the other, looking at a 2 hour drive on sketchy backroads to pick them up! What a bummer!

Quote:
There is a big show in Stockton. Can't remember when. My daughter showed poultry in 4-H a couple of years ago and they would get their cickens from there.

i'll take them i'm just up the hill in grass valley and you can even come visit and get eggs any time you want . don't turn them loose in the park they will for sure die . let me know if i can help . i'll even come get them .
D.gif

Quote:

I live in Redding, work in Anderson, but grew up in Vacaville. My chickens love going through my vineyard and eat the bugs ect. I just hatched out 25 chicks that were shipped from the across the United States. I have an eclectic variety. Orpingtons, Barnvelders, EE, Welsummers, and a Cochin Roo.... Maybe a few others. I guess I should really pick 2 main breeds, but love them all. Now I'm looking a Polish - just love the hair!

Quote:
What color Polish are you looking for? I have a Buff but want a couple of White Crested Black. I have farm who'll let me know when she has any, but I think she has buff now. There's a hatchery in Monterey I believe, that has them but the shipping is $39. Where are you maybe we could split an order and the shipping.

Oh, I see you own a vineyard. Do you distribute? I own a wine shop w/tasting room and bar in downtown Paradise, CA.

I'm surprised your chickens don't eat all the leaves and grapes. Mine will jump up the grapes!

Back
Top Bottom