Sorry I meant to say , I spray the Frontline on the vent area skin, under both wings, and on center shoulder/wing skin.. then i make sure i give it a bit of a light rub to make sure its contacting with skin. It has worked for all the other birds. I think with him, which is something i didnt know, having to treat every 4th day at least for NFM because they hatch out earlier then red mites. So if you don't catch them they start to hatch out immune to the treatment you are using. So I am thinking going back to Ivermectin, for maybe two treatments, four days apart, and then switch to the permerthin after that every four days... and then once a week. I feel bad for him. His upper wings were so infested a month ago. But they are cleared up, but still looking there I still saw tiny mites in that area too. So I mean I am getting ahead of his infestation, but not winning yet. Honestly I can't believe he has lived through this infestation and still seems okay. Although he is off on his own, but still eating and drinking, actinng normal.
I agree with you. My two roosters (plus whole flock) and I have been battling their mites for awhile now and idk how they’ve survived. I think keeping the treatments more like 5 days apart is key especially with NFM. I know my problem is NFM. I posted a pic awhile back confirming it.

I agree with you. My two roosters (plus whole flock) and I have been battling their mites for awhile now and idk how they’ve survived. I think keeping the treatments more like 5 days apart is key especially with NFM. I know my problem is NFM. I posted a pic awhile back confirming it.

Oh yes I am positive mine are NFmites. They are living on the Roo and I cleared the others as they only had a couple starting. But this guy is like awful. Just when I think he is going to get the problem under control, wham they are multiplying. I am going to keep working on him. I am also hoping when we get into deep cold it will help.

Sorry I meant to say , I spray the Frontline on the vent area skin, under both wings, and on center shoulder/wing skin.. then i make sure i give it a bit of a light rub to make sure its contacting with skin. It has worked for all the other birds. I think with him, which is something i didnt know, having to treat every 4th day at least for NFM because they hatch out earlier then red mites. So if you don't catch them they start to hatch out immune to the treatment you are using. So I am thinking going back to Ivermectin, for maybe two treatments, four days apart, and then switch to the permerthin after that every four days... and then once a week. I feel bad for him. His upper wings were so infested a month ago. But they are cleared up, but still looking there I still saw tiny mites in that area too. So I mean I am getting ahead of his infestation, but not winning yet. Honestly I can't believe he has lived through this infestation and still seems okay. Although he is off on his own, but still eating and drinking, actinng normal.
A few people seem to be able to get sevin?

https://www.amazon.ca/Sevin-1005175...6O8OWFG#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

After treating for mites several times over the course of a month, 5 days apart. What do we believe is the best duration for preventative treatment? Once every 3 months? 6 months? And is one time good or should it be repeated in 5 days when doing preventative treatment? Please advise. Thanks everyone for all of the engagement.

After treating for mites several times over the course of a month, 5 days apart. What do we believe is the best duration for preventative treatment? Once every 3 months? 6 months? And is one time good or should it be repeated in 5 days when doing preventative treatment? Please advise. Thanks everyone for all of the engagement.

Hi I am not sure what most people are doing. But I am going to try and do it every 4 months for all of them. I ended up putting my rooster in a permerctin II dip. He stinks like it but he is much better. I did that last weekend, he was crawling with them again. For his head i just vaselined his head. I could see the mites running across his beak, ears, head... it was awful even his chest was full. I can't believe how fast they can take back over even after treating him. I hope this has put a dent in it for a while. I will re doese him again with Front line tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom