Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by whitetail98, Mar 26, 2013.

1. bltchickens

bltchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014

I had three and the day my chicks arrived a fox got all three :(. So 15 baby chicks!

2. 2lilchkns

2lilchkns Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    We have had some fox trouble as well! We now have 7 hens and one adolescent rooster. (A neighbor gave us the rooster-- he was supposed to be an australorp, but he has yellow feet, so I'm guessing a Jersey Giant). I like to have the chickens free range for a while every day, but we can't let them out unless one of us (and our dog) is out there as well. We have a fox who is pretty darn bold. When our rooster gets a little bigger, we are hoping he will also provide a little protection for the flock.

3. Davidconn8d

Davidconn8d New Egg

Jun 17, 2012
    Purcellville, Virginia
    I just moved to the area recently from Cleveland. Now close to Purcellville, I'm looking to get a few birds together. It seems very strange that there's not more breeds to choose from despite the number of farms, etc., in the area. It would be nice to get a chance to network a bit and find out what trustworhy resources are nearby.

4. Greg1

Greg1 New Egg

Jun 27, 2015
    Warrenton, VA
    Another Virginian checking in... we are just outside of Warrenton. We just started our flock this year and have 13 hens. One is laying and the others cant be far behind!

5. annabellaknits

annabellaknits Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Anyone have any pullets or chicks or hatching eggs willing to sell?

6. bowray

bowray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    We need a Northern Va group for the areas near the DC metro / Winchester / Stafford encompassed area. I am located in Leesburg, tell me what you think

1 person likes this.
  7. bowray

Aug 8, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    One that may be a little more active

8. Scrummycat

Scrummycat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    The Plains, VA
    Hi Folks! I am in the Plains/Marshall area. I moved here a year ago from South Eastern Michigan. I have 11 chickens right now, with a broody sitting on 5 eggs. Does anyone know of a poultry processing place in northern Virginia?

9. bowray

Aug 8, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Not off the top of my head but I do know that I just recently saw a add on Craigslist where a person was advertising a plucker for rent.

10. annabellaknits

annabellaknits Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Why is there not more going on up here in NV? Kind a annoying

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by