Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics

They are so beautiful! Congratulation. Jaers. are my favourite breed by far. I also have a 3 hens that crossed with an easter egger and I love them too, they lay very pale blue eggs and have the sweetest personalities. Thanks for posting pics.

Thanks, Love4Chooks! I've raised a pretty broad variety of chicken breeds, and I've noted that the Jaerhons are pretty flighty in the brooder - spooking quite easily. I've also read that they are a very friendly bird. Is this flightiness something that they grow out of? Or as adults, are they both flighty and friendly at the same time?

My chicks are feathering out beautifully!

Flighty is a gross understatement. I call the chicks Freak-A-Zoids. And this year's chicks are no exception. However, every time I move them from the brooders to the grow out pens they calm down within days. As adults they are calmer than Leghorns.

Hi all, I have 3 Jaer hens 1 Dark 2 Light and a light roo.  They have just started to lay again after their winter moult.  If anyone would like to trade eggs I would love to introduce some fresh genetic to my little flock.  I put 4 in my incubator a week ago and they are all fertile! I am thrilled :)  I will post pics when they hatch.  please PM me if anyone would like to trade.
Where are you located?

I have my first Jaerhons hatching tomorrow! Now the question will be "what to do with them all?"!

I hope you have a great hatch! Let us know how many you get and post pics :)

Mine hatched in February and are maturing beautifully. I'm looking forward to when my hens start laying so I can hatch some more.

I hope you have a great hatch! Let us know how many you get and post pics :) Mine hatched in February and are maturing beautifully. I'm looking forward to when my hens start laying so I can hatch some more.
They're so petite! The first one to hatch today (of 3 breeds) was a Jaer :)

Back
Top Bottom