Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics

Another shot...

Im looking into getting some of these birds. I have Icelandics already. Are the Jaers similar to the Icies?

I found the Jaers to be the "wildest" chicks I've had, but they've calmed down and are quite curious and friendly. The genetic diversity isn't there like with the Icelandic, but I really like that they're auto sexing. I can only offer chick comparisons at this point :)

I will be ordering my next set of pullets in the spring. I need something small in body that I can get maximum egg size out of and loads of production. I'm going to keep around 12 hens.

So, now comes the time for me to decide whether to keep my Jaerhons or part with them. I've been doing a third masters, working full time, joining a new therapy cohort with the state, trying to manage a small farm, and keeping a social life are not wise to combine. I am only on here today because I'm sick and my doctor told me to stay home from work and take it easy. I've gotten several Rees Line Legbars and I'm thinking about selling all of my birds except for the Legbars and Large Fowl Cochins and only focusing on the Legbars while keeping the Cochins because they're my mom's favorite breed. I'm not sure if that's a good enough reason to keep them, but we will see. ;) At this point, it's a toss up if I get rid of the Jaerhons, Rhodebars, Welsummers, or all three. Is anyone in Michigan interested in a trio of Jaerhons? I only have three left after a raccoon attack.

Back
Top Bottom