Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics
Would you be interested in doing some egg or chick trades?

I have one Dark & two Light hens & Light roo, they have just started to pick up their laying, I would love to trade eggs or chicks if you are not too far from Colorado? Please PM me, I have been having trouble with this forum freezing up and getting my posts muddled (It could be my setting)

Hi all, I have 3 Jaer hens 1 Dark 2 Light and a light roo. They have just started to lay again after their winter moult. If anyone would like to trade eggs I would love to introduce some fresh genetic to my little flock. I put 4 in my incubator a week ago and they are all fertile! I am thrilled :) I will post pics when they hatch. please PM me if anyone would like to trade.

I just received my Jaerhon chicks from Ideal Poultry and I am so excited to get started with this breed! I was thrilled to find some chicks this early in the year! After a year of raising a broad range of breeds, I decided to focus on establishing two lines: the Norwegian Jaerhon and the Partridge Silkie. I love working with the smaller breeds of chicken and was very happy to learn that there existed a small breed that was also cold weather hardy and a good layer. The silkies have a wonderful disposition and are a very broody bird, so I figured I could slip some Jaerhon eggs under a silkie hen if I ever didn't feel like putting some in my incubator.

Here are a few photos of my new babies :) :) :)

the girls:

the cockerels in with the partridge silkies:

one of the boys:

I just received my Jaerhon chicks from Ideal Poultry and I am so excited to get started with this breed! I was thrilled to find some chicks this early in the year! After a year of raising a broad range of breeds, I decided to focus on establishing two lines: the Norwegian Jaerhon and the Partridge Silkie. I love working with the smaller breeds of chicken and was very happy to learn that there existed a small breed that was also cold weather hardy and a good layer. The silkies have a wonderful disposition and are a very broody bird, so I figured I could slip some Jaerhon eggs under a silkie hen if I ever didn't feel like putting some in my incubator.

Here are a few photos of my new babies :) :) :)

the girls:

the cockerels in with the partridge silkies:

one of the boys:
They are so beautiful! Congratulation. Jaers. are my favourite breed by far. I also have a 3 hens that crossed with an easter egger and I love them too, they lay very pale blue eggs and have the sweetest personalities. Thanks for posting pics.

Whats everyone think of these. Boys or girls. Thats red dye on the paper towel. :)

Back
Top Bottom