Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock

All right, thank you. I'm getting the injectable one so that I can dose singularly. Would it be possible to only treat the ones showing symptoms, or should I treat them all at once?

Mareks related, I have a silkie chick that hit 8 weeks today that I noticed is not gaining weight like it should. It's bone this, and very petite for its age, and I'm wondering what would be the best thing to do. Very active and friendly, just not growing.

Last edited:
All right, thank you. I'm getting the injectable one so that I can dose singularly. Would it be possible to only treat the ones showing symptoms, or should I treat them all at once?

Mareks related, I have a silkie chick that hit 8 weeks today that I noticed is not gaining weight like it should. It's bone this, and very petite for its age, and I'm wondering what would be the best thing to do. Very active and friendly, just not growing.

In case you didn't see it.... thank you so much for your help!

You're welcome. Baytril is very strong, so I suggest that you use it only on the ones that are showing symptoms. The silkie that's not gaining weight, I would deworm and treat with Corid, I would not treat it with Baytril.

-Kathy

Ok, thank you. I did go through the corid treatment plan, and all recovered and were gaining weight except for her.... I'll deworm her though. I actually happen to have some safeguard on hand!

Back
Top Bottom