Scoop

Songster
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Central PA
barnie.gif
he.gif
rant.gif

I know. The news warned us we will get 12-18 inches!! That will be the most we will have gotten at once in my area. At least we won't be bored when snowed in. I bought supplies to build a stall in the barn.
wink.png

Ha ha ha my first winter with chickens and we have had 72 inches of snow so far. The record is 115 inches in one winter. Now we are expecting another 5" on Tuesday and then 12-18 more Wednesday into Thursday. And we're shoveling paths thru our back yard to the coop, funny! Not so much.....anymore.

Last edited:
The snow I can deal with ~ I hate the ice & freezing rain! I just filled the porch fire wood rack with enough wood to last a week.

Location, central Pennsylvania.
Precipitation type, a wintry mix, starting out as snow, changing to sleet and
freezing rain Tuesday.
Accumulations, several inches of snow possible before mixing with or changing to
sleet and freezing rain.
Timing, beginning Monday night, lasting into Wednesday.
Impacts, could significantly impact travel due to snow and ice covered roads.
Power outages also possible due to accretions of freezing rain on tree limbs
which could knock down power lines.​

Yeah, the Weather Channel is saying we could get 1/2" or more of ice!! We will definetly lose electric!
th.gif

I live in the woods so you know that trees will be taking out the power lines and we are lower on the list for repair than the more populated areas. At least we have a wood stove for heat, a propane stove and a fully stocked freezer. We never did get around to buying a generator yet though.

I have to go out for a backup kerosene heater tomorrow. Think I'll find one? My hopes aren't very high.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom