casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
Given my recent problems with peafowl, I thought that I should start taking pictures of their poop when they come in for their daily weigh-in. Every time that I see a poop like these I also see one or more of the following: no weight gain, weight loss, not wanting treats, sleeping more, depressed, fluffed up or that not quite right look.

These are all abnormal for my peachicks

These are some of the normal poops

Last edited:
I would post an analogy for an explanation but it would not pass the family friendly censor!
Sorry for that... The pictures are all on "the computer" and my roommate works from home, so I don't get to use it much and have to do most of my posting on this stupid IPad. The peafowl poo page is a work in progress and hopefully it will help someone identify a potential problem. For example, go look at the post started by Kuntrygrl on 10-8, look at all of the poo-pictures, also "not family friendly", and there isn't one that looks normal. The pictures are here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/714542/lightbox/ I will be posting more pictures and data as I get time on the computer. I will also post a final report when my chicks are done being treated. That said, if someone has a chick that looks off and has poop that looks like any of the abnormals here or the pics that kuntrygirl posted, they should contact an Avian vet.

Edited to ad link to other pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom