Not from MY flock LOL

AFChick

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Central NC
Long story short- I hatched Brahma chicks from shipped eggs (2 batches different breeders) and this hatched out of one of them... both breeders are clueless as to where it came from ... ie: "not from my flock"
lau.gif

Annnyway it IS from one of their flocks because that's all that I incubated during that time frame- period (my flock included) and they have been kept exclusively together since hatch.

SO here "she" is in all her penciled feather, single combed, clean- shanked glory- I give you Cera Cydal

Approx 11 weeks

PLEASE guess away LOL

Last edited:
Did either breeder have Silver Sussex?

Good guess

I received this about an hour ago

".... That is a project silver sussex pullet that should be here in my project pen. Your Brahma eggs were accidentally mixed up by my son with the eggs that I had received/purchased and had out on the packing table.when he was packing the shipments. That explains why I had such a bad hatch and only had 3 silver sussex roos hatch out with that hatch. If you'll kindly ship her back to me I'll send you another 3 - 5 brahma eggs for your trouble when I get enough gathered but I only have one pullet laying right now Now I need to track down where the rest of my babies were shipped to ...."

Well, dang! Are going to ship her back?
I'm not even sure what the ethical thing for me to do is at this point
hu.gif

I suppose if she wants to send the box and pay for the shipping- I wish she would have checked out the photos I sent her when Cera was younger instead of saying that there was no way it was from her flock and that it was impossible for me to have received anything other than the brahma eggs I purchased .

That is a stumper, isn't it? How far would the bird be shipped? I'd think shipping would be quite hard on her at this age, all by herself. I know folks ship older birds but it's always seemed iffy to me after they're past that day-old stage........

Well, in my opinion, since you named her you get to keep her. Also, shipping her at this age might kill her. The breeder was at fault. She'll have to accept the loss.

Back
Top Bottom