Not going to be a victim

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I saw that, she was very brave! You don't know what you can do until you're faced with it. Lost her husband on Christmas and then those idiots try and break in on her. Terrible.

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    They were after the prescription meds, go figure, one of them paid a hefty price.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Hubby and I "wooooped" for her! Good for her to protect her newborn...never cross a momma with a baby!

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    I don't feel it was right to charge the accomplice with murder. Attempted robbery/break in.

5. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    When seconds count, cops are just minutes away.

6. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Quote:Screw him. Shame she didn't open him up too. Instead, me and every other taxpaying Oklahoman get to foot the bill for his stay behind The Wall. We don't BS around down here....someone gets shot and killed legally, the surviving offender is gonna pay.

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:Screw him. Shame she didn't open him up too. Instead, me and every other taxpaying Oklahoman get to foot the bill for his stay behind The Wall. We don't BS around down here....someone gets shot and killed legally, the surviving offender is gonna pay.

Still I don't care if I am assassinating the president. Don't put a crime on me I didn't commit.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Should he get the death penalty? Personally, no! Spend years behind bars? YES!

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Most states have laws that make all persons involved in a crime responsible for the injury or death of anyone during the course of that crime. One of the intruders was killed; that equates to murder in this case, and therefore according to state law, the accomplice can and should be charged. If you dislike that, work to get the sgtatute changed. Don;t expect many to be sympathetic to you, though. Consider it this way--what if instead of the victim doing the shooting, imagined that she or her infant were killed. Would you still think that the accomplice should not be charged with their deaths?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by