Not laying eggs

Colormeblue

Chirping
Nov 4, 2020
I have a 6mo old red sex link that hasn't laid for a few days. She started out laying almost every day, the next her eggs started to be runny or soft shelled, then she quit laying altogether. She goes to the nest box and tries to lay everyday. She won't eat oyster shell or crushed egg shells. What can I do to help her?

I have been giving one of my girls a calcium citrate pill. She was laying soft eggs for awhile and I think because she won’t eat the oyster shells. The calcium citrate worked. I haven’t had to give it to her for a couple days because she has stopped laying soft eggs.

When she does start laying again you can mix oyster shells into a mash of her food and feed it to her in the morning. This was recommended to me and it worked for a day. Then my girl got too upset eating away from her sisters, to the point where she wouldn’t eat, so we stopped. But it does work. If the oyster shells are too big you can grind them up and put that into her food too.

I have been giving one of my girls a calcium citrate pill. She was laying soft eggs for awhile and I think because she won’t eat the oyster shells. The calcium citrate worked. I haven’t had to give it to her for a couple days because she has stopped laying soft eggs.

When she does start laying again you can mix oyster shells into a mash of her food and feed it to her in the morning. This was recommended to me and it worked for a day. Then my girl got too upset eating away from her sisters, to the point where she wouldn’t eat, so we stopped. But it does work. If the oyster shells are too big you can grind them up and put that into her food too.
Where can I find the calcium nitrate pill? Does TSC carry it?

How is your bird doing? Has she started laying again yet? Sometimes it happens but they usually will start up again eventually. I don't know the if's and why's but it does happen now and then. Good luck...

How is your bird doing? Has she started laying again yet? Sometimes it happens but they usually will start up again eventually. I don't know the if's and why's but it does happen now and then. Good luck...
She started laying about a week and a half later - thanks for asking

Back
Top Bottom