Not new but new to you ❤️🐓

I’m Toyah from SE TX and have 6 laying hens and 18 chicks. RIR, EE, Light Brahma, Plymouth Rock, Jersey Giants. We live on a cattle ranch so the chickens get to free range and have access to the horse barn and pastures but have a 12’x12’ divided coop to roost at night.

I love them all... the eggs, watching them grow, talking to them, checking on them several times a day. I work from home in a corporate position but I am a fluid painting artist, also. We don’t get out much as home is our safe place and our refuge from crazy stuff outside.

I came across the BYC site almost 3 years ago when I got my first chicks and knew nothing! Thanks, y’all for helping me learn how to be a chicken Momma.
Welcome to BYC (or at least, thanks for finally joining!) If your interested in entering some fun BYC contests, here’s a link to see which ones are open. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/sponsored-content-contests-and-giveaways.15879/ If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There’s no such thing as a stupid question! :welcome

I’m Toyah from SE TX and have 6 laying hens and 18 chicks. RIR, EE, Light Brahma, Plymouth Rock, Jersey Giants. We live on a cattle ranch so the chickens get to free range and have access to the horse barn and pastures but have a 12’x12’ divided coop to roost at night.

I love them all... the eggs, watching them grow, talking to them, checking on them several times a day. I work from home in a corporate position but I am a fluid painting artist, also. We don’t get out much as home is our safe place and our refuge from crazy stuff outside.

I came across the BYC site almost 3 years ago when I got my first chicks and knew nothing! Thanks, y’all for helping me learn how to be a chicken Momma.
WELLCOME TO BYC Toyah from Texas. You have a nice flock and they look happy pecking in the fresh mowed pasture. How many head of cattle do you have? Pictures??????
Yes, this year has been pretty isolated for most of us these days since many people work from home anymore. Me, I am a nurse and have to enter the Covid 19 incubator but, someone has to do it. My face and ears are callus from wearing a tight mask 14-16 hours straight. But, I don't have to worry about makeup! Lol. We are so glad you finally joined us. We are EGG-Cited you decided to join the very knowledgeable group. This site becomes a little addictive. LOL. OH! Thank you for telling us your geological location because this can helps us a lot when you need help.

Back
Top Bottom