(not official) poll: What do you do with predators close to the coop?

What do you do with predators

• Nothing- leave them alone

• kill them if they're too close

• shoo them away

• Trap / Release

• Something else (make sure to comment what it is)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bird_Lover_17

Birds are life
Apr 9, 2020
USA
Hi! So I was just wondering this, since I have a lot of predators lately- not harming anything yet, just sniffing around. Please add your input!

Hi! So I was just wondering this, since I have a lot of predators lately- not harming anything yet, just sniffing around. Please add your input!
What kinds of predators?
This isn't on the poll, but I trap them in live traps and then release them out in the middle of nowhere.

I have electric hot wires around my coops and pens, concrete under the gates and good heavy duty netting covering the pens. The predators know and don't bother my birds, so I don't bother them. When I have had issues with predators in the past I have eliminated them. I DO NOT CATCH AND RELEASE to give someone else a headache. We are rural on a dead end road and have in the past been the recipients of other peoples catch and releases. It you catch a predator unless you contact a wildlife rescue to take your catch, you must be prepared to eliminate it. In many places it is illegal to catch and release unless you have the property owner's permission where you plan to release your catch. No one ever asked me if they could release their catches. I also have several game cameras around on my property. Good luck...

Once a predator makes a kill, they will keep coming back looking for an opportunity for another kill.

My choice isn't a poll option..

If they walk on by, I let them walk. If they cause a ruckus with the ladies, dirt nap.
A coyote is the only critter that doesn't get a pass.

Back
Top Bottom