Not Only Turkeys Do the Strut! (coturnix)

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
This is funny and I HAD to share! I noticed this with a few of my quail from my first ever batches of chicks....when they are young if you make them paranoid (esp with a shiney camera or your hand) they will poof up and strut it looks like the turkey tom strut! Except they're not doing it to be handsome....they're doing it to look larger than they actually are. It's really adorable! I took my two young feathered tuxedos that are still in the house out of their grow out brooder for pictures because I dont' have any updated ones of them since they were fuzzy chicks. Anywho, Flea barely gave me any trouble....but when I got to the one I hadn't named yet, is when the fun started. I took some pics (which was hard) and then decided to do video to show ya'll what I'm talking about. The vid is the best. You can hear my hubby shootin em up on his xbox360 game in the background lol sorry...
lau.gif

That was hysterical!
lau.gif
Poor little fluff-butt.
lol.png
As soon as I got my A&Ms home and into their new cage, the smallest one of the group would do that every time I reached in to do anything. They're so cute.
love.gif

yeah when i first saw it i *THOUGHT* maybe it was a defense thing but i was like nah...never heard anyone talk about it before but now seeing "TURKEY" (yep that's what i named him lol) do that, I know that's what it has to be "Im big dont eat me!"LOL!

Back
Top Bottom