Not sure if Hen is broody? HELP ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!!!😊

Also I had these eggs in the incubator for about 12 hours before I gave them to her will that affect anything do you think I wasn’t sure about giving her cold eggs? She’s sitting fine I just don’t know if I messed up their hatching ability
As long as you took them directly from the incubator and put them under her, you'll be good. But I'll tell you, that you got lucky. For next time, I suggest you move and give your broody hen fake eggs. After she has sat on those for 2 or 3 day give her the real eggs. Its fine to give her cold eggs. Putting them under your hen is the equivalent of putting them in the incubator. I say this, because if something went wrong and she quit or had not fully committed, then you have put eggs, in this case egg that have possibly started early development, that are now going to be hot and cold off and on. But, since your hen seems to be fully committed, you should be fine.

Aweee anytime u have cute pics I’d love to see definitely wish I could have a rooster for their vibrancy and for protection but sadly my area doesn’t allow them
I understand! I love my roos though. I have 2. One is my absoulute baby. I carry him around, walk him on a harness, give him baths, and everything else you could think of. His name is Little Big Shot. He is a Cochin Bantam rooster.
20220501_152037.jpg

Then I have Chipmunk who is really my sisters rooster. He constantly crows. Constantly. Day, night doesn't matter. He is colorful though.
20211215_122028.jpg

I understand! I love my roos though. I have 2. One is my absoulute baby. I carry him around, walk him on a harness, give him baths, and everything else you could think of. His name is Little Big Shot. He is a Cochin Bantam rooster.
View attachment 3128336

Then I have Chipmunk who is really my sisters rooster. He constantly crows. Constantly. Day, night doesn't matter. He is colorful though.
View attachment 3128346
She’s kept on em and everything seems to be going good!!

I thought up 2 questions when you said you can't have rooster.

1. Where did you get the eggs from?

2. What do you plan to do with extra cockerels?

I thought up 2 questions when you said you can't have rooster.

1. Where did you get the eggs from?

2. What do you plan to do with extra cockerels?
I have gotten eggs from my best friend actually her chickens made me get mine😂. So any extra will be sold or given back to her. Many of the breed that are under her are either rare or in demand like ayam cemani, cream legbar, and silkie/frizzled, so hopefully the breeds are wanted

I have gotten eggs from my best friend actually her chickens made me get mine😂. So any extra will be sold or given back to her. Many of the breed that are under her are either rare or in demand like ayam cemani, cream legbar, and silkie/frizzled, so hopefully the breeds are wanted
I bet you will be able to sell a few.

Is it common for more than one hen to go broody at the same time because I now have a barred rock trying to Sit on infertile eggs and keeps stealing eggs, and I believe she’s a mean broody because she won’t let me touch her at all just screams and pecks anytime anyone including the other hens are near?

Back
Top Bottom