Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
Sorry to annoy you but when can I expect a crow. There isn't any other rooster in 10 miles.
Different roosters crow at different times, I had a rooster that didn't crow until around at least 5 months. I've seen someone else's rooster crow at 4 weeks, it really depends on the bird.

Need help with gendering my cream legbar chicks.

Apparently (I'm just regurgitating information here) many Cream Legbars are becoming difficult to sex because breeders are not selecting their breeding stock based on those that displayed good autosexing traits at hatching. If that continues then the ability to autosex them will be lost. Do the chicks have eye liner? If they have a dark line from the corner of their eye going back then they should be girls. If there's no clear, dark line then they are most likely boys. Do post again once you know what they are as it might help someone else in your situation.

Jae G thank you. The chicks are out of my care but their new families have my email so hopefully they'll let me know. I think part of the problem is that there was some cross-breeding going on with an EE. Maybe.

My silkie, Sonny. She is about 6.5 weeks old. I know silkies are hard to tell but, any thoughts? Sonny is becoming a lot more shy than my other 5 but all are different breeds (Rhode Island red & austrolorps) but otherwise everyone gets along pretty well & I feel quite confident all the rest are pullets. Thanks!!

My silkie, Sonny. She is about 6.5 weeks old. I know silkies are hard to tell but, any thoughts? Sonny is becoming a lot more shy than my other 5 but all are different breeds (Rhode Island red & austrolorps) but otherwise everyone gets along pretty well & I feel quite confident all the rest are pullets. Thanks!!

That is a hack of a lot of comb for a 6 week old chick. That's a cockerel.

Hi!
Here is a picture of Lavander Orpington at 5 wks 3 days and Blue Copper Maran at 4 wks 5 days.
BCM is already bigger than LO and has very big and strong legs. I don't know if it's because of the breed difference.
What do you think about them being pullets/cockerels?
Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom