Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
Do you have individual pictures? Looks like all pullets, but they are still a little young.
Oops. Just got your PM about the BR. Answered you there, too :)

Cute l'il chickie!

Do watch out for eyes though- had one that liked do that - fly to shoulder etc -- and one random day decided my eyeballs were irresistible.  Even after gentle shoo'ing she kept trying to come back for 15 minutes, going for my eyes, until I put her back in the coop. Also good to read through https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/480948/pecked-in-the-eye-by-a-chicken .  Seems like it's always the friendly ones because they get much closer to us.  :/

I don't let her get close to my face like that. I am always putting my hands up by my face to prevent her from pecking my face.

I don't let her get close to my face like that. I am always putting my hands up by my face to prevent her from pecking my face.

Excellent! On an earlier occasion than my BR/eyes incident, I made the mistake of telling DH that of course our sweet little Buff Orp wouldn't peck his face/eyes... good thing he had glasses on...
hide.gif
... the only difference was the BR obsessively left my lap to go after my eyes. Glad you're playing it safe!

I'm relatively new at this but my experience is the larger yes but especially the brighter the comb is means it's a Roo!

Bought this "pullet" at TSC to replace Barred rock roo that I had to rehome. I picked the one with darkest legs and smallest head spot. 5 weeks old and I'm afraid I have ANOTHER barred rock roo on my hands!!
1f629.png
Is starting to peck and jump on my two 7-week old pullets.
What do you all think?
Thanks for your opinions!
Looks like a pullet to me. The behavior is normal behavior for both genders and is pecking order related.

8 week old Easter egger... male or female? She does not always hold her tail up like this...

I will guess cockerel. Here are 2 EE pullets back when they were 8 weeks of age. (now 8 months old and both laying eggs) at the 8 week mark. These didn't start to pink up until 17-20 weeks.

Bought this "pullet" at TSC to replace Barred rock roo that I had to rehome. I picked the one with darkest legs and smallest head spot. 5 weeks old and I'm afraid I have ANOTHER barred rock roo on my hands!!
1f629.png
Is starting to peck and jump on my two 7-week old pullets.
What do you all think?
Thanks for your opinions!

I'm jumping on the rooster bandwagon. Those are some dark legs, but the white bars seem wide and the comb at 5 weeks and those red li'l wattles...

2 confirmed BR Pullets, left pic at 5 weeks, right pic done at 6 weeks. Different shape combs, feather pattern, color pattern, tail shape- but both female.

Back
Top Bottom