Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
Hi! This is my first time with chickens. I got six eggs from my 4-H group and only one hatched. When she/he grows up, if it is a girl she will go to my neighbor who already has an awesome coop. I hatched my baby 5 weeks and almost 3 days ago. Can you also help me with finding out her (?) breed? I was thinking maybe golden laced wyandotte. This would be pretty much the best case scenario because they are so beautiful. I was also wondering about black sex-linked or dark cornish. She has inverse GLW feathers on her neck... black on the inside and gold outside. But farther down her back it turns more stripey and brown.

Thanks!!!

Hi! This is my first time with chickens. I got six eggs from my 4-H group and only one hatched. When she/he grows up, if it is a girl she will go to my neighbor who already has an awesome coop. I hatched my baby 5 weeks and almost 3 days ago. Can you also help me with finding out her (?) breed? I was thinking maybe golden laced wyandotte. This would be pretty much the best case scenario because they are so beautiful. I was also wondering about black sex-linked or dark cornish. She has inverse GLW feathers on her neck... black on the inside and gold outside. But farther down her back it turns more stripey and brown.

Thanks!!!
Looks like an Easter Egger mix, pullet.

what about this 5 week old barred rock

(Patrick is one on the left standing with my known roo, week 12)

The comb turned pink at week 10. No waddles though.

I have 4 birds all 12 weeks old. One is an obvious roo, 2 are totally hens, and one is a mystery. Patrick (mystery bird) is in the picture. A week ago his/her comb turned pink and the other hens' are still yellow. Then he/she's tail got long. Acts like a hen.. but.... that tail. Any thoughts?

what about this 5 week old barred rock
In the first pic I see a possible BR pullet. I see a Dominique cockerel in the others though... do you have more than one barred bird? You seemed to be only asking about one, but I see two different :/
Phyllis or Phillip? 4wk old polish.
I can't be 100% sure because I dont know the breed all too well, by a guess would be cockerel.
(Patrick is one on the left standing with my known roo, week 12) The comb turned pink at week 10. No waddles though. I have 4 birds all 12 weeks old. One is an obvious roo, 2 are totally hens, and one is a mystery. Patrick (mystery bird) is in the picture. A week ago his/her comb turned pink and the other hens' are still yellow. Then he/she's tail got long. Acts like a hen.. but.... that tail. Any thoughts?
despite the tail feathers, I want to say pullet, but I dont know for sure. Hoping someone else has an opinion :)

I've got a few 10-12 week olds out of my bunch that I'm beginning to question whether they are hens or not.

Cinnamon Queen:

Same cinnamon queen:

Barred Rock #1

Barred Rock #2: This one we've suspected was a rooster from the beginning, acts like one, but doesn't have a very pronounced or bright red comb.

Barred Rock #2 again:

Barred Rock #3:

Thanks for your input!

In the first pic I see a possible BR pullet. I see a Dominique cockerel in the others though... do you have more than one barred bird? You seemed to be only asking about one, but I see two different :/
I can't be 100% sure because I dont know the breed all too well, by a guess would be cockerel.
despite the tail feathers, I want to say pullet, but I dont know for sure. Hoping someone else has an opinion :)

It's the same bird just two different lightings. it kept moving around. so you think it's a he?

Back
Top Bottom