Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 4

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jetblack2004, May 23, 2016.

1. ADuckOnQuack

ADuckOnQuack Chirping

May 20, 2016
    England

Pullet

2. OneDarlingChick

OneDarlingChick Hatching

Apr 4, 2016
    We think these are between 4-5 weeks old. We have ideas on gender, but have no experience! :)

Buff Orpington:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Easter Egger:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Olive Egger:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!!

3. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Crowing

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Cockerel
    BO-- possible cockerel EE -- pullet OE-- :idunno

4. ADuckOnQuack

ADuckOnQuack Chirping

May 20, 2016
    England
    There still quite a young age, as you can see on the buff Orpington it has a pale comb and no visible wattle but then it's stance and tail feathers make me lean towards a rooster. The olive egger is looking like a rooster to me as well but some may say different. And the other Easter egger I can't get a clear zoomed in picture of that sorry but I'm thinking a pullet.

5. MrsBarnes

MrsBarnes In the Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Black australorp, was seed and tagged a pullet, but I'm beginning to wonder. Your thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ADuckOnQuack

ADuckOnQuack Chirping

May 20, 2016
    England

How old?

7. MrsBarnes

MrsBarnes In the Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    Oklahoma

6 weeks-ish

8. chicklet290

chicklet290 Hatching

May 24, 2016

I've got one response for cockerel and one for pullet. Any advice on how to narrow it down? The behavior is the main thing that made me think it might be a cockerel. Very jumpy, flighty, often jumps on top of my other EE pullet, and generally seems more high energy and aggravated. Then I started looking at other posts on Barred Rock sexing. Should I just wait and see another week or so?

9. chicklet290

chicklet290 Hatching

May 24, 2016

I've got one response for cockerel and one for pullet. Any advice on how to narrow it down? The behavior is the main thing that made me think it might be a cockerel. Very jumpy, flighty, often jumps on top of my other EE pullet, and generally seems more high energy and aggravated. Then I started looking at other posts on Barred Rock sexing. Should I just wait and see another week or so?

10. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Crowing

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    one thing, BR pullets cannot have as light of barring as roosters. Rooster barring is finer (thinner), but your cick doesnt have adult feathers yet. Watch for comb growth way too early, saddle feathers, etc. Also, the plain yellow legs aren't a sure tell tale signs, but usually mean cockerel. Pullets tend to have a black tint to the legs :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by