Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Hey Guys! posting an update. I have 2 leghorn chicks, and one mixed breed. All 3 are now 7.5 weeks old. I've wavered back and forth on gender so need your expert advice.

Sorry for the crappy quality, they are not overly cooperative and they're very difficult to catch.

7.5 weeks old... They all look like pullets to me, especially since leghorn have such large combs. Not so sure about the mix. Sorry I'm not more helpful!

Here is my chick. 6 week GLW. Thanks in advance!
Elizabeth

Last edited:

bought these Golden Comet chicks today from feed store. Said 99 percent sexed as pullets but just wanted to be sure pullets if you could tell?

bought these Golden Comet chicks today from feed store. Said 99 percent sexed as pullets but just wanted to be sure pullets if you could tell?
Of course they are! The males have white down and feather in white, the females have gold to red down and feather in white at first and then orangey red. It really is 99.99% BTW, the only reason it's not 100% is that a male chick occasionally occurs that's white with faint gold stripes and it gets in the pullet bin but then feathers as a male. But yours all have normal pullet appearance.

Last edited:
Sweet! thanks just wanted to be sure. We got some RIR from another feed store that said they were pullets but one ended up looking like a roo. I will post his/her picture later to be sure but it looks very rooster-like.

Back
Top Bottom