Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

@adeleg76

That's not red, that's barely pink. Looks like a pullet. See the post right before yours for what red looks like.

My white Cochin chick is changing. Is it still too soon to tell if I have a hen or a Roo?

A chick that reddens before it's even done feathering is male. Not too soon on this one.

Last edited:
These are local feed store bought Rhode Island Reds. Supposed to be pullets. 13 weeks old. The combs and wattles have me a little worried. My last rooster RIR did have a bigger comb at this point but I just want the experts to take a look ;) If you need better than cell phone quality pictures let me know.
FOTDB9A.jpg
FOTE35F.JPG
WP_20170528_20_29_43_Moment(2).jpg
WP_20170528_20_30_14_Pro.JPG

Last edited:
These are local feed store bought Rhode Island Reds. Supposed to be pullets. 13 weeks old. The combs and wattles have me a little worried. My last rooster RIR did have a bigger comb at this point but I just want the experts to take a look ;) If you need better than cell phone quality pictures let me know.
View attachment 1021801 View attachment 1021802 View attachment 1021803 View attachment 1021804
Pullets. They are supposed to start developing in the comb and wattles at their age. It means they will be laying in about a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom