Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Valley Hatchery in Indiana. Is this bad??
In terms of whether or not the birds actually resemble the breeds that the birds are supposed to be, they have some pretty poor quality stock, even by hatchery standards. Your feed store may want to consider sourcing from a hatchery with birds that actually kind of look like the right breed.

Hi Hope you can guess my little babies, kindof young and they didnt want to sit still for a picture.

the one on the left is 5 1/2 weeks old, looks like he's growing a comb already.

this is the other one at least a week older. (Probably 7 weeks) same size feet, doesn't look like she's growing a comb yet. Might be way too soon to tell, but I like guesses. Don't want to get too attached if they are both boys.

Thanks in advance.

If your cochin bantams have wattles then they are boys - they start to sprout them between 4-6 weeks.  My 12 week old girls still don't have wattles. 

So probably a rooster, then? Looks like waddles are starting.
1f614.png

My lacender orpington that i thought was a roo but it still dont try to crow or anything? Did i mistake she for a he?

Could be a roo! Some breeds are late developers - I had an australorpe that took forever to show his rooster traits!

Back
Top Bottom