Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ftfarmer22, Apr 14, 2016.

1. smlinn17

smlinn17 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2014
    Alabama

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Someone on this thread this morning told me mine looks like a pullet, it will be 7 weeks on Monday. It has the start of wattles.

do you have any photos showing the face from other angles? I'd be interested to compare.

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Beautiful color! It looks like a pullet, but not 100% sure given the age. junebuggena will know.

3. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    I know exactly how you feel. This has been our first time hatching chicks and on our first go we had 4 boys and 2 girls, plus the 2 chicks we also got off the breeder were boys. All the gorgeous frizzles, were boys - all 4 of them. At least our breeder will take them back and try to find them homes. It was tough for the kids to give them back (although they were all crowing by 8 weeks old so that made it easier on me)!

4. jam8961

jam8961 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2016
    Colorado

I can snap a couple more when i go out again. I have these from yesterday right now. A Facebook group I'min is saying pullet, so I'll be waiting to see if Shadow crows or lays i guess lol she/he is just gorgeous, so im really hoping pullet. Shouldn't have trouble Rehoming if she ends up being a he, but I'd rather keep her/him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    The wattles and redness point to a cockerel, although it's still a small comb. Stunning colour. Here are two of our 9 week old girls (that I was convinced were boys because of their behaviour - the white one is the boss of the older chicks I might add). Even our 12 week old girls (3rd picture) don't have wattles yet. Hope that helps. I hate telling people they have a little roo on their hands if they can't keep him. It's been a tough lesson for our kids (and still tough for us).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. smlinn17

Apr 11, 2014
    Alabama
    You have a beautiful bird. I got mine from a breeder, it was in the cull group because of all the white (she is trying to make calicos). I really love it, it loves to be petted. I will be keeping it no matter the gender.

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    It does look like a possible cockerel

8. ErinG

ErinG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Thanks! I hope they chime in, this one seems to have everyone stumped.

9. smlinn17

Apr 11, 2014
    Alabama
    So do you think mine is cockerel also? It will be 7 weeks on Monday. I have gotten a bit confused in the comments lol.

[​IMG]

10. Shezadandy

Shezadandy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    This is a tough one. I can offer a very similar colored EE Pullet face photo when she was 7 weeks:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by