Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Lola came from the swap meet and was marked as straight run so I am not surprised she is a he but it is sad as he is the sweetest and most people friendly chick I have. Why do you say bluebell is not an Ameraucana? She was ordered from Murrey Mcmurray. I was told by them that you could tell the difference between Ameraucana and EEs because Ameraucana had blue/purple legs, which she does... Is that not true? I'm only a 2year chicken mom with no hen or breed experience a all. Last year I got six 10 day old EE from someone and they all ended up being roosters
1f625.png
'Our chicks have some Araucana and some Ameraucana blood mixed and consequently are not for show ' - quoted straight from Murray McMurray website. They do not have the recognized breed Ameraucana at all. They have Easter Eggers.
Ameraucana are more than just leg color. They are a consistent breed. You know what you are going to get in terms of color, egg color, size, production rate, and temperament. There are no such guarantees with Easter Eggers.

I'm terrible at this. I think they're hens, then start seeing signs of rooster, I don't know...plus they're all different breeds. All are 2.5 months. Here they are.

Back
Top Bottom