Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Sorry in advance for the picture spam, but this guy is perplexing me! He/she's about 3 months old now and I still can't tell boy or girl. Very red comb, but not very big. Possible sadle and wing colors coming in, but hackle feathers are all rounded! Help!

Sorry in advance for the picture spam, but this guy is perplexing me! He/she's about 3 months old now and I still can't tell boy or girl. Very red comb, but not very big. Possible sadle and wing colors coming in, but hackle feathers are all rounded! Help!

That is rooster red on the wing/shoulder. And the comb is small because it's a pea comb, not a single comb. You have a cockerel.

I have 3-4 potential cockerels:

first my salmon Favorelle "sexed pullet". I KNOW the coloring screams roo, as does the late feathering. He just started getting a tail in the last week. But because it's supposed to be a pullet and I've seen some badly colored pullets coming from hatcheries, I'll throw him up here. 8 weeks old, can't complain to MPC for another 2 weeks...

then we have a barnyard mix of RIR/GL Wyandotte, about 9 weeks

and a RIR/Colombian cross, about 9 weeks

and my FBCM boy Cocoa (8.5 weeks)

Last edited:
I have 3-4 potential cockerels:

first my salmon Favorelle "sexed pullet". I KNOW the coloring screams roo, as does the late feathering. He just started getting a tail in the last week. But because it's supposed to be a pullet and I've seen some badly colored pullets coming from hatcheries, I'll throw him up here. 8 weeks old, can't complain to MPC for another 2 weeks...

then we have a barnyard mix of RIR/GL Wyandotte, about 9 weeks

and a RIR/Colombian cross, about 9 weeks

and my FBCM boy Cocoa (8.5 weeks)
All cockerels. Every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom