Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I was told the age of this one was the same as my others who are now 8 weeks old, but I'm thinking I wasn't told the correct age. This is the only picture I've got of him/her since my camera froze after taking this, but I'm thinking cockerel by the way my lead boy reacts to him....as well as the colors coming in on him. I was also told Ester Egger which I'm thinking he is.
So, roo or pullet?

A pic from when I first got him and he was so skinny.
That's a boy. And he wasn't skinny when you got him. That's how chicks normally look. Muscle develop comes after they are grown and feathered. And you should be able to feel the keel bone in just about every breed except for the Cornish and Cornish Cross.

I'm pretty sure this 10week old mix breed is a roo.... Any thoughts?

That's a boy. And he wasn't skinny when you got him. That's how chicks normally look. Muscle develop comes after they are grown and feathered. And you should be able to feel the keel bone in just about every breed except for the Cornish and Cornish Cross.
Thank you so much! First flock of chickens so I'm learning all I can. Now I know that's normal...and Minnie is now a Max.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom