Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

5 weeks old. Jersey giant

We have two olive Eggers that we are busting a gut to know if we have hen or roosters. Pictures aren't great. The two of them stick together like glue. If you are holding one the other usually jumps up onto you also. Just like in the one picture. It's kinda funny.

Second I think male, may be black sexlink 14 weeks

Third I think male 14 weeks and taking forever to get a tail.
Both male. Likely they are all Asian Blacks, a 'new' dual-purpose type that Hoover's Hatchery has been offering in the last couple years. TSC seems to order them regularly. Not really a breed. They seem to be a Jersey Giant/Production Red cross. They grow big like the Giants, but faster. And the hens lay well, and look identical to Black sexlink pullets.

Both male. Likely they are all Asian Blacks, a 'new' dual-purpose type that Hoover's Hatchery has been offering in the last couple years. TSC seems to order them regularly. Not really a breed. They seem to be a Jersey Giant/Production Red cross. They grow big like the Giants, but faster. And the hens lay well, and look identical to Black sexlink pullets.

Thanks so much, I'm a first time chicken person. Kinda over did the number because of the kids but got a variety and tried a mix to try them all, odd part out of 18 chickens and two ducks all born same day they all work well together except we had to loose a few Cornish rocks cause there meat birds and kept one to test. You guys have been amazing at helping with info thanks so much :)

Back
Top Bottom