Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Maybe. Although if it were a pure Blue Copper, he should have the deep red through the shoulders. The reason I say cockerel is that the blue coloring is too patchy for a pullet.

Up close pic

This is my only Lavendar. Was hoping she was a pullet. At least he is friendly for the time being and pretty quiet. He grew much faster than any of my other chickens and his comb and wattles reddened at about 15 weeks old--much earlier than the other new ones that I added this year.

Thanks all! We will see how this develops. Hopefully he can stay at least for now.

Update on David, 10 weeks old today - comb and waddles growing still more orange colour with a little pink nothing like the red on my ee cockerels. Not much tail growth at all.

Doesn't like picture taken had to chase around everywhere. Doesn't spar with the two cockerels but was the biggest bully to the two pullets we introduced.
Any guesses?

I'm obsessing over my 8 week old chicks we hatched. I hope they aren't all roosters bc we love them all.
Irma

Rex is obviously a rooster so that's why I'm having a tough time with the others

Jesse

Amelia looked like a hen until recently now idk (auracauna cross)

Irma and Bea (a Wyandotte cross)

Closer up of Bea

Fawkes (silver Phoenix) and pecky (hatched from a green egg) I need to get a better picture of pecky. I think Fawkes is a pullet.

Chicks are 8 weeks and I'm going crazy not knowing.

Here's one of my son holding "Irma" and of Irma with her Wyandotte buddy that I'm unsure of also.
Not sure on Irma. Can you get a side view?
The wyandotte looks male with that bright red comb, but they are very hard to sex.
The one in the background behind Irma looks like a cockerel.

Oh, and welcome to BYC!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom