Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ftfarmer22, Apr 14, 2016.

1. chickengirlRI

chickengirlRI Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2016
    RI
    About 6-7 weeks old on the little brahma

2. rainbowchicks

rainbowchicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2016
    Pennsylvania

X2 from what I noticed.

3. jam8961

jam8961 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2016
    Colorado
    Thank you! I let Amelia run around the living room a bit since its too cold outside. I read that, generally, pullets keep their tail feathers down, while cockerals will hold them straight up, along with their body. After watching Amelia run around the living room checking stuff out, coupled with her attitude when I touch the other chicks, im still worried shes a he lol! Is that true at all? We've never let her roam around like that (have only had her since Saturday) so maybe she was just really excited? I wish I could upload video on here. She was definitely acting "cocky"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Duluth Chickens

Duluth Chickens New Egg

Apr 27, 2016
    Minnesota
    I'm pretty sure my 4 week old EE is a girl, but just for fun, it'd be interesting to a chicken newbie like myself to see what others think. A little background on her... She's the same age as my other 5 girls but MUCH bigger (although the pics below don't do justice to how much bigger she is). She never starts fights with the other girls but she never backs down either. I've noticed that while she makes sure she gets her share of food, treats, water, etc., she also makes sure that everyone gets some too. Until the past week she was always the first to come to my when I visited them throughout the day but was never much interested in interacting with me. It was as though she would just like to make sure it was me and then go about her business. Finally, she is more likely than the others to be wandering around by herself, leaving the others (probably all BA's) to their business. Here are a few picks of her, let me know what you think, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PeachyFox

PeachyFox Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2015
    Bogalusa
    I have a questionable BSL that came from my blue splash EE rooster and Barred Rock hen that is supposed to be a cockerel but with it round plump body and short tail makes me question that. The comb looks cockerel compared to the pullet's smaller one and it was hatched with a yellow head spot and sports a touch of barring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cockerel

[​IMG]
    Pullet

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. mekassie

mekassie New Egg

May 3, 2016
    Not the news I was hoping for but Thank you!

7. mekassie

mekassie New Egg

May 3, 2016
    Thank you!! That's great info to have too. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time around.

8. anc2908

anc2908 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2015
    Virginia
    I have 8 straight run speckled sussex chicks, Should be right at 4 weeks old:
    I'm thinking pullet left, roo on right
    [​IMG]
    Close up of same one on right in previous picture. Comb and wattles just turned pink about a day ago
    [​IMG]

9. ahodgen

ahodgen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

10. sbendorf

sbendorf Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2016
    Here are my chicks in question. Any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by