Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

This is an 8 week old Easter Egger, Petunia, who was supposed to sexed as a female and I'm concerned at the recent reddening of her comb as well as being able to count three rows of peas.

Ditto for this one, Violet, same age, but darker coloring. 3 rows of peas and even darker comb!

Less concerned about this next one being a male... Buttercup, same age and coloring as Violet

Ditto for this lighter colored EE, Myrtle of same age as others and coloring more like first photo of Petunia.

This is an 8 week old Easter Egger, Petunia, who was supposed to sexed as a female and I'm concerned at the recent reddening of her comb as well as being able to count three rows of peas.

Ditto for this one, Violet, same age, but darker coloring. 3 rows of peas and even darker comb!

Less concerned about this next one being a male... Buttercup, same age and coloring as Violet

Ditto for this lighter colored EE, Myrtle of same age as others and coloring more like first photo of Petunia.
Buttercup is your only pullet. The others are all male.

Ok, good. Thx! That makes me feel better about my limited judgement in looking at her.

It took me awhile to feel confident. I kept an eye on the comb, and it never developed, so I am relaxed. The male is getting beautiful crayola red saddle feathers that glint in the sun. Never have seen a color like that on a chicken. Wish I could keep him, but neighbors are too close, and the coop is too close to my bedroom window.

I am lucky that roos are not a problem for our location but but I now seem to have at least 3 out of 20 chicks that are cockerels (I'm still wondering about a couple others) and I will have concerns for that ratio of roos to hens as they mature. Both the cockerel EEs have just gorgeous coloring!

Back
Top Bottom