Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

We added three new chicks to our family last Monday. We were told they were approximately three weeks old - making them four weeks old now. I'm a little skeptical of the estimated age but I thought I would post anyway.

I am having my doubts about "Maya" being "Maya." This is the only SLW we have so I'm lacking something compare it to - but our BA and RIR are smaller in size but have much fuller wings and tail feathers.

Thanks in advance!

We added three new chicks to our family last Monday. We were told they were approximately three weeks old - making them four weeks old now. I'm a little skeptical of the estimated age but I thought I would post anyway.

I am having my doubts about "Maya" being "Maya." This is the only SLW we have so I'm lacking something compare it to - but our BA and RIR are smaller in size but have much fuller wings and tail feathers.

Thanks in advance!

That chick is maybe two weeks old at most. Much too young to even try guessing gender.

Thanks in advance!

my 2 week olds (which we know exact hatch date) look like this so they're still young.

Is this Delaware chicken a rooster? she was sold as 1 day old to us as a hen...she is much larger than her "flock" mate of diffrent types the same age.

junebugga- I was wondering I have 3 opringtons and 2 australorpes who are 4 weeks.. at this stage they are all feathering in pretty well... Three of them have little tails and one is not really showing much of a tail.. is that a thing? I wish I had a pic- the suspect looks the same in all other aspects feathering and no waddles or major comb yet.... I know pictures would really help but..
can you educate me on tail feathers in 3-4 week olds?

The no crow collar doesn't stop them completely, but I go out and just mine's collar every time he crows and he's learned not to do it very often because he hate when I adjust it! lol

Back
Top Bottom