Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I cant seem to get good pix of these: 6-8 wks BLRW and cuckoo moran. I have no opinion on the cuckoo, but the 2 BLRW are the same age and entirely difft,. One seems to have a good beginning of a comb and is much darker. The other has almost no sign of a comb and lighter. Very dift, afraid one a cockrell and the other pullet. Is it too soon to tell? Or do I obviously have one of each>?

Do I have any chance at success with 3 roos and 7 pullets all living together in a coop 7' long and 4 ' wide, 4 ft tall with a run? thinking way too many roos, right?

Do I have any chance at success with 3 roos and 7 pullets all living together in a coop 7' long and 4 ' wide, 4 ft tall with a run?  thinking way too many roos, right?
if the run is big enough your coop is only large enough for 7 adults. I would get rid of two roosters, keep one.

2.5 Months

Do I have any chance at success with 3 roos and 7 pullets all living together in a coop 7' long and 4 ' wide, 4 ft tall with a run? thinking way too many roos, right?
Too small of a coop. And you'll need a run that is at least 200 sq ft, with a lot of things to help break up sight lines. Keeping that many cockerels can cause a lot of stress on the pullets.

Back
Top Bottom