Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

6 weeks with that much comb is a cockerel

Hello, I have 2 layers we got as chicks so new to the rooster thread. I acquired a box of 9 chicks and am now wondering how many roosters I have...based on the feathers and comb and waddle color I have my guess..can you help me on these pictures please? Thanks.

#1 pullet? rounded feathers and not much red

#2 pullets I'm hoping with the rounded feathers

#3 is the white one a roo? Brown one a pullet?

#4 these 2 play tricks with my eyes...speckled one a pullet or both Roos?

#5 pullet?

#6 pullet?
1 and 6 are pullets. The rest are cockerels.

Hello, I have 2 layers we got as chicks so new to the rooster thread. I acquired a box of 9 chicks and am now wondering how many roosters I have...based on the feathers and comb and waddle color I have my guess..can you help me on these pictures please? Thanks.

#1 pullet? rounded feathers and not much red

#2 pullets I'm hoping with the rounded feathers

#3 is the white one a roo? Brown one a pullet?

#4 these 2 play tricks with my eyes...speckled one a pullet or both Roos?

#5 pullet?

#6 pullet?
The first and last are pullets. The rest are cockerels.

Is this a hen? It doesn't act like the other girls ( age 18 weeks). It was suppose to be a Welsummer but I think not than i thought Easter egger but it doesn't have the cheeks and the comb is different. Brownie doesn't crow or lay eggs yet, the rooster doesn't breed Brownie either nor do they fight.
it stays with the group as they forage but keeps at a distance.

Is this a hen? It doesn't act like the other girls ( age 18 weeks). It was suppose to be a Welsummer but I think not than i thought Easter egger but it doesn't have the cheeks and the comb is different. Brownie doesn't crow or lay eggs yet, the rooster doesn't breed Brownie either nor do they fight. it stays with the group as they forage but keeps at a distance.
Pullet, and she is getting very close to laying.

Please can you look at these four beauties and let me know what they are - pullet or cockerel? They're all 7 weeks old. One of them is very different to the others in terms of feet/comb size so I'm thinking 1 pullet and 3 cockerels but I'm a complete novice!

I've included a baby photo because I can and geez did they grow quickly. Thank you.

Please can you look at these four beauties and let me know what they are - pullet or cockerel? They're all 7 weeks old. One of them is very different to the others in terms of feet/comb size so I'm thinking 1 pullet and 3 cockerels but I'm a complete novice! I've included a baby photo because I can and geez did they grow quickly. Thank you.
You are correct - three cockerels, and #2 is your pullet.

Thank you for the welcome & the quick reply! I was suspicious of the 3 as they're so different - it's good to get confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom