Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Great Thread!
I have 12 week olds. I have thought pullet up until now. No comb/wattle to speak of, but am I seeing hackle and saddle feathers? This speckled sussex never really did have a tail since hatch. And odd that head feathers look spikey compared to the others. I think that is recent as I am pretty sure I would have noticed before.

Great Thread! I have 12 week olds. I have thought pullet up until now. No comb/wattle to speak of, but am I seeing hackle and saddle feathers? This speckled sussex never really did have a tail since hatch. And odd that head feathers look spikey compared to the others. I think that is recent as I am pretty sure I would have noticed before.
How old is it? Stags comb and face usually get real red.

3 1/2 month old EE pullet or stag
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Great Thread!
I have 12 week olds. I have thought pullet up until now. No comb/wattle to speak of, but am I seeing hackle and saddle feathers? This speckled sussex never really did have a tail since hatch. And odd that head feathers look spikey compared to the others. I think that is recent as I am pretty sure I would have noticed before.

Your Sussex is a pullet.

Hi All,
Thanks to this forum I do believe that I have a good idea of the type of chicks we have but need a bunch of help to determine if we have boys or girls.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4 The next 3 pics are of the same chick. He/she would not stay still

And then the really weird one, Pretty sure this one is a hen but the big ears has got me puzzled. I think he/she is from German decent

I posted this a couple of day ago with no responce so I thought I would try again try again. I might add that chick 2 is 8 weeks and the other three are 5 weeks today. Sorry to be a pain.

Hi all
frow.gif

I'm looking for some help determining the sex of my 6 chicks I got a few weeks ago! I have a barred rock, coronation susex, 2 golden and 2 silver wyandottes that are about 10-11 weeks old. The breeder said she thinks they are all pullets, but wasn't to sure and would swap them for me if any turn out to be cockerels.

Any help in determining would be greatly appreciated!
highfive.gif

PS: I cant tell each of the golden & silver wyandottes apart from each other yet! so there is a collage of them
lau.gif

Dott & Dixie

Frenchy

Cookie & Cashew

Rizzo

Hi there,
I am not 100% sure about the gold laced wyandottes
but I am pretty sure that the,
Frenchy is a pullet
I think Rizzo also looks like a pullet.
Dott and Dixie are pullets.
Goodluck,
Fionn.

I'm still getting some mixed opinions on if this one is a pullet or cockerel. I feel like in the two weeks there hasn't been much change which makes me have hope that it could possibly be a pullet?!?

Photos now at 10 weeks

8weeks old

I'm still getting some mixed opinions on if this one is a pullet or cockerel. I feel like in the two weeks there hasn't been much change which makes me have hope that it could possibly be a pullet?!?

Photos now at 10 weeks

8weeks old
Cockerel. Male feathering will be developing in the next few weeks. He's not going to have a lot of wattle development due to the muff/beard gene. And the crest will have a bit of an inhibiting effect on the comb.

Back
Top Bottom