Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Oh... that is making my SLW (same age) look a bit rooish, by comparison.
hmm.png

Pullet or cockerel? These are today's pics of my Silver Laced Wyandotte, Daisy. She is 6 1/2 weeks old, now. Runs circles around her older Silkie buddies. I am not seeing any pointed hackle or saddle feathers, but I don't know if those would show up this early. Hoping for a hen, as this was my only SLW to hatch from shipped eggs. I have heard Wyandotte pullets tend to have redder combs and larger wattles than other breeds. Is that true?

Pullet or cockerel? These are today's pics of my Silver Laced Wyandotte, Daisy. She is 6 1/2 weeks old, now. Runs circles around her older Silkie buddies. I am not seeing any pointed hackle or saddle feathers, but I don't know if those would show up this early. Hoping for a hen, as this was my only SLW to hatch from shipped eggs. I have heard Wyandotte pullets tend to have redder combs and larger wattles than other breeds. Is that true?
The chick wouldn't show male feathering yet it looks like a roo she or he is very pink for the age and already has pretty pink waddles coming in

cockerel to much comb and wattle for his age

The chick wouldn't show male feathering yet it looks like a roo she or he is very pink for the age and already has pretty pink waddles coming in
Ahhh... I did not know if it was early enough for a feather difference. Yes, this chick has a more vibrant comb and wattles than the other SLW just posted here. It sounds like t a young boy I know is going to get a very sweet Wyandotte rooster for his farm... I and shall have to try again to hatch a hen. Thanks!

Ahhh... I did not know if it was early enough for a feather difference. Yes, this chick has a more vibrant comb and wattles than the other SLW just posted here. It sounds like t a young boy I know is going to get a very sweet Wyandotte rooster for his farm... I and shall have to try again to hatch a hen. Thanks! 
Yeah they start early at times lol I've got two golden laced girls and remember how they developed

I posted this a couple of day ago with no responce so I thought I would try again try again.  I might add that chick 2 is 8 weeks and the other three are 5 weeks today. Sorry to be a pain.

Oh dear! I'm sorry no one replied! I'll try my best, but I could be wrong. :)
Chick 1 - Pretty sure it's a pullet.
Chick 2 & 3 - Need a better pic of each one's comb, but I think 2 is a pullet. Not sure on 3 yet.
Chick 4 - Cockerel.
Chick 5 - Quite a stumper! :lol: He/she's gorgeous! Sorta looks like one of our dogs. :)

Back
Top Bottom