Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

4 week old blue laced red wyandotte

My gut says rooster, but I really really want to be wrong.

I'm confused on what mean by if your right about the cockerel or not, but bantams can only come from bantams. A hen (full size) cannot lay two eggs and one be a bantam and the other full size. 
sorry I thought I had uploaded a pic. The woman who I bought the chicks from said that they were from the same hen.....but one is very small. I suspect either she got mixed up or maybe the chick is just very small...I don't know. Thank you for your response. :)

My husband and I ordered ornamental and brown egg layers and; although, it's kind of been a fun guessing game as to what each of their breeds are with their feathers coming in, we think we may have a couple now who won't be laying any eggs for us. All 41 of our chicks are approximately 7 weeks old now (they all hatched on March 28) and the two we're questioning are possibly a Lakenvelders and a Cuckoo Marans. How can we tell for sure?

Ok, I finally was able to get some decent pictures! I have to send them separately because even I am getting confused which one is which!

Silkie #1

Back
Top Bottom