Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

#1 almost 5 week old lavender orpington

#2 same age/breed as above

So I tried to get a better pic. No way I can stay up late enough for her to turn 24 hrs! Lol! I did a little research and it seems that if the feathers on the bottom of the wing are longer than the feathers on the top it's female. If the feathers on bottom are the same length or shorter, it's male. By that logic, it looks like I have a female. Thoughts?

The pictures aren't coming in super clear on my phone but you're looking for roughly that yes, if they all look really close in length it's a male. From what I can see yea it's probably a pullet as long as on seeing it right :) congrats!

Cersei looks like a Red sex-link pullet
Sunny-Rae not sure
"Australorp" if it is showing redish on its feathering it is most likely a Black sex-link
Theodore looks like a Black sex-link as well
I think you have all pullet except for Sunny-Rae who maybe a cockerel but it is to young to say for sure.
that second white chick looks to be a white Leghorns possibly. I have one that's 14 weeks. And that resembles it at a chick age.

The pictures aren't coming in super clear on my phone but you're looking for roughly that yes, if they all look really close in length it's a male. From what I can see yea it's probably a pullet as long as on seeing it right :) congrats!

Yeah, my husband sucks at close up pics. But I didn't think he'd hold the wing out the proper way. When I looked myself, the feathers on the bottom were significantly larger than the ones on top. She's about 33 hrs old now. Too late for another try at a pic?

Back
Top Bottom