Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

These are 6 week old Copper Marans.....I'm thinking they are both roosters but I hope I'm wrong. Any body know?

I have a 7 1/2 week old Easter Egger who is giving mixed signals. She (hopefully she) started out as a light colored chipmunk chick. She was also noticeably bigger than the other chicks I received, and had more wing feather development. I would have sworn she was a few days older than the other chicks in the shipment.
Her comb is nice and feminine, but she is developing red on her wings. The red feathers aren't shiny though, as was the case of a roo I had a few years back who started sporting red on his wings. Could she just be a hen who will have red feathering? Any ideas? (I've named this one Francis, as it will be fitting for either a pullet or cockerel!)

Seen here next to a 6 week old chick.

She's the same age as the speckled sussex to the left and the lavender orpington under what we call "the kid's coop".
My guess is pullet

Thought this was a roo due slowering feathering but comb staying flat. About 5 weeks old now. Blue laced red barnevelder.
For comparison here is a younger roo splash which is available if someone would like. I am in Fresno, CA

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom