Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

These are three of my babies. The black one was sold to me as a Silkie, but now I am not so sure. Any ideas on what she is? Does he or she look like a Silkie to y'all?The white one is a Silkie and the multicolored is a bantam Cochin. Not sure if I have pullets or cockerels on my hands. Any guesses?

I have nine Ameraucanas of varying colors that we need some help sexing. They're ten weeks old. I have guesses about MOST of these guys, but I am new at this and really need some confirmation.
big_smile.png
Here are two pictures each - I tried to get their combs/faces, and their saddle feather area. Hopefully this will be helpful!

Last edited:
Anyone able to help on these 5 on whether they are pullets or Cockrel? We recently had one start crowing but no clue which one. We have 3 inherited and 1 RIR stopped laying and I've wondered if the lack of laying has changed hormones and I'm hopeful it's her crowing! I know wishful thinking!

Jules - 8-9 week Ameraucana

Captain- 9-9.5 wk Rhoade Island Red

Vader- 9 wks Black Sex Link

C3PO - 8-9 weeks, Ameraucana

Luna - 8 weeks Blue Andalusian

Anyone able to help on these 5 on whether they are pullets or Cockrel? We recently had one start crowing but no clue which one. We have 3 inherited and 1 RIR stopped laying and I've wondered if the lack of laying has changed hormones and I'm hopeful it's her crowing! I know wishful thinking!

C3po looks like the only one that may be a rooster. Still not positive. The others look like pullets to me though.. :)

C3po looks like the only one that may be a rooster. Still not positive. The others look like pullets to me though.. :)

Thanks. S/He's the one we have wondered a little on but so similar to Jules (other same age Ameraucana) it's been hard to tell. I hate to have to get rid of any of them but no Roostern allowed in our city :(

Thanks. S/He's the one we have wondered a little on but so similar to Jules (other same age Ameraucana) it's been hard to tell. I hate to have to get rid of any of them but no Roostern allowed in our city :(

Aww that makes it so hard. I have a few Ameracaunas that are full grown and their combs look similar. Both hens. So maybe still a chance that it's a pullet. :)

I have nine Ameraucanas of varying colors that we need some help sexing. They're ten weeks old. I have guesses about MOST of these guys, but I am new at this and really need some confirmation.
big_smile.png
Here are two pictures each - I tried to get their combs/faces, and their saddle feather area. Hopefully this will be helpful!

#1, #2, and #9 look like cockerels but we will need pictures of them standing normally to be sure on the gender.

Honestly all look like pullets, but if one had to be a cockerel then I would think it was C3PO but I think it looks like a pullet. Also your Ameraucanas (especially C3PO) look like Eater Eggers, where did you get them?

Slightly off topic, but do no-crow collars work? Anyone use one? I have a BO that might be a boy, but I don't want to have to get rid of it because I like it too much.

Back
Top Bottom