Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Are you sure that they are that old? At the moment Chick 3 looks a little suspicious but other then that so far you have pullets. Post again in another 2 weeks to confirm. 

Chick 3 and 4 were hatched May 12th so just a few days shy of 6weeks. 1 and 2 are about 1.5 weeks ahead of them. 1 and 2 a broody hen hatched 3 and 4 incubator. I will post again in a couple weeks for sure! That is what I was hoping for pullets which if I am 3/4 I'll take it lol!

I was pretty certain that my 11 week old BA was a pullet... but the waddles are getting larger and deeper pink. Any thoughts?

Please help...Would love some thoughts on this bird.

Last edited:
Hello All!

So I recently bought two bantam Easter Eggers. There is one that I am pretty convinced is a pullet (Chirp). The other one I am not so certain (Chip). They are about 3-3 1/2 months old. Chip is much larger and a lot more protective over Chirp. If another hen goes near Chirp she gets very pushy in her ways. Thank you in advance!

*CHIP*

*CHIRP*

*CHIRP*

*CHIP*

*CHIP* eating an oats and dandelion seedling puree treat

*CHIP*

*CHIP*

*CHIP ON RIGHT AND CHIRP ON LEFT*

jumpy.gif

Hello All!

So I recently bought two bantam Easter Eggers. There is one that I am pretty convinced is a pullet (Chirp). The other one I am not so certain (Chip). They are about 3-3 1/2 months old. Chip is much larger and a lot more protective over Chirp. If another hen goes near Chirp she gets very pushy in her ways. Thank you in advance!

*CHIP*

*CHIRP*

*CHIRP*

*CHIP*

*CHIP* eating an oats and dandelion seedling puree treat

*CHIP*

*CHIP*

jumpy.gif
Both seem to be pullets, yet I think your suspicions are true. The protectiveness of Chip is interesting, it is trait a rooster usually has, but I had a hen that was fiery, protective, and aggressive at the same time. But now that I see the pictures again, I can see prominent tail feathers in the suspected rooster, and I think it's a cockerel(yet i would've thought 'his' comb would be a little bigger and brighter).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom