Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Anyone know if the 2 in the front look like ladies? They are 14 week old copper marans (apparently).

Also...this one? Lady? 11 week old unknown...assuming black sex link

And our last lady? Not sure what she is..was told a cross...don't care cause we love them all so much! Really hoping they are all girls tho...we are urban. Pardon the shirtless man having a staring contest with a bird. sheesh.

Hatchery Easter Eggers aren't mixes. They just haven't updated their marketing. Prior to the 1970s, there were no Ameraucana/Araucana/Easter Egger distinctions made. There were no breed standards accepted for the Ameraucana and the Araucana. All of those types of birds were interbred and all were called Araucana, however, they would have been considered Easter Eggers by today's definitions.
It's those birds that hatcheries started with, and are still breeding. It's not that they are selling mixed breeds. They just never bothered to update their marketing to reflect the changes that have occurred.
Thank you

12 weeks
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi all, anyone any good with Silkie sexing? I know they're tough...here's some pics anyway, all 9 weeks old, hoping for at least 1 cockerel for next years breeding:

Sorry, I'm lame at taking photos but best I can do....any feedback gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sasha.

Hi there!

I have four 14-week-old partridge chanteclers. My best guess so far is that I have three pullets and one cockerel, but it's my first time trying to sex young birds, so I would appreciate some second opinions. I'm hoping I have at least one male!

Cockerel on the far right?

Cockerel in the front?

Cockerel second from left?

Cockerel?

Cockerel on the left?

Cockerel?

Two pullets?

Cockerel on the left?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hi there!

I have four 14-week-old partridge chanteclers. My best guess so far is that I have three pullets and one cockerel, but it's my first time trying to sex young birds, so I would appreciate some second opinions. I'm hoping I have at least one male!

Cockerel on the far right?

Cockerel in the front?

Cockerel second from left?

Cockerel?

Cockerel on the left?

Cockerel?

Two pullets?

Cockerel on the left?

Thanks in advance for any input!
You are correct.

Back
Top Bottom