Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

They are a bit young yet, but so far I see two probable cockerels.  #2 on the waterer looks like a male, and the brown chick in #9 has a large comb, so is suspicious.
[/quote]
Thank you...I thought #2 might be a cockerel. Now I just have to figure out his breed.

Our chicks are 4 weeks old. They were supposed to be all pullets but I have concerns since they seem to be developing differently. I have one with a small comb and one with a larger comb and one in the middle. This shipment already had a cockerel, so I hope it was the only one. 1 is the smallest with the most head feathers and has a fluffy tail, 2 is in the middle on everything, 3 is the largest and was a little more yellow early on and has a less fluffy tail. We aren't allowed to have roosters in town (although there are several), but my next door neighbors seem particularly unhappy with me having chickens, so I need to get this figured out before anyone makes noise....Thanks in advance. I tried to take as representative pictures as possible, if another angle would help, let me know. Thanks!

Our chicks are 4 weeks old. They were supposed to be all pullets but I have concerns since they seem to be developing differently. I have one with a small comb and one with a larger comb and one in the middle. This shipment already had a cockerel, so I hope it was the only one. 1 is the smallest with the most head feathers and has a fluffy tail, 2 is in the middle on everything, 3 is the largest and was a little more yellow early on and has a less fluffy tail. We aren't allowed to have roosters in town (although there are several), but my next door neighbors seem particularly unhappy with me having chickens, so I need to get this figured out before anyone makes noise....Thanks in advance. I tried to take as representative pictures as possible, if another angle would help, let me know. Thanks! .
It's too early to be sure, but they all appear female at the moment.

1evv44.jpg

GLWs about 3 months old. Any guess on gender now?

I started a thread on this but only got 1 reply so I figured I'd try again here. 5 week old red sex link/silkie cross. Cockerel or pullet? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom