Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

No need for sorry I am sure I posted it wrong
1f602.png

Thought these were all pullets at the beginning, they all feathered in the same (usually the roos feather in late) but now I'm not so sure.

They started getting some very shiny feathers coming in. Can't really judge based off of combs, they are a Brahma x Cochin cross, right about 6 months old.

Thanks!

Thank you! Up until this batch the males have always had a drastic difference in feathering and were really obvious by 2-3 months. Genetic roulette though! They will still make some pretty yard birds, just have to pick one to keep. :)

I have heard of using baby or toddler socks and am going to give it a try first since it's much cheaper than ordering and taking a gamble on the no-crow collar.  Have you ever used the sock version?
I am sorry it took me so long to pick up this thread again. Yes, put a sock on it! I have used the toddler sock. He is comfortable, quieter and fully participating on flock life! His crow seems about half in decibel level and of shorter duration, 3 syllables rather than 5. He does look a bit bobble headed sometimes due to feather placement. Once he tugged on the sock for a couple days he seems to have forgotten it exists. Win, win, win. Rooben, me, And the neighbors!

Hello,

Here's some better pictures of this white leghorn. Hoping it's not a roo but I have my suspicions. Thank you!!

Here I am again, my last 2 chicks out of 8 are now crowing so looks like I've some how ended up with 8/8 males (total that hatched, nothing dodgy here!) I've posted these pics elsewhere but would love any thoughts here too, thanks....

Quinn:

Jet:

Our remaining 5 together after 3 boys rehomed so far...

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom