Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Chicks bought on the 13th of April

Chick 1 bought from TSC no idea about sex or breed.

Chick 2 sex/breed?

Chick 3 breed/sex?

Not a chicken bird, just the loudest most temperamental one in our flock. She saw a camera and had to have her picture taken.

Not to be a nag...well, I am kind of being a nag, but my Brahmas told me they feel left out, LOL.
Has anyone seen or got an idea of my genders? (I started posting indiv pics on p. 853).
Thanks.

At 2 months old, they all look like pullets to me.
Thank you. They were sold as pullets so that doesn't surprise me. I'm just the opposite of those of us who only want pullets and they usually end up with a cockerel mixed in. I love these chicks! I'll just have to find them a handsome Brahma suitor between now and when they know what to do. That leaves me enough time...

what makes you think cockerel? Just wondering cause these were supposed to be 99 percent sexed as pullets. 

Vent sexing is 90% when performed by a well-trained sexer. 99% only applies to sexlinks.

But yes, yours looks like a cockerel because of how splotchy the markings are and the darker red that's showing on the wing. You didn't say how old they are so I'm not assessing comb development, only pattern.

@MamaCheyenne I'd guess production type RIR and white Rock or Leghorn... it's really just a guess because they sell a lot of hybrids too. They should lay well whichever flavor you have.

@MamaCheyenne I'd guess production type RIR and white Rock or Leghorn... it's really just a guess because they sell a lot of hybrids too. They should lay well whichever flavor you have.
. That's fine just curious. They are adorable and fun, but hoping they are pullets. Put a lot of time and money into building coops for them and we are not allowed roos.
1f61f.png

This is our five month old Silkie. A few months back, y'all were thinking pullet. No eggs or crowing yet, so here are a few updated photos. What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom