Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Here are a little bit better pics of both. Brahma seems like a rooster because of th darker spots, but I'm not sure.
I don't know much about Brahmas, but your BR looks like a definite female.

Hey @Faraday40
How is your lavender Orp looking? Male or female?

We gave our mysyery blue orp some time to explore her feminine side.

Her comb & wattles haven't changed. She's 8 wks old, and I'm thinking female now. (or else I'll have to do another photo shoot.) Here she was a few days ago. My yard was a flooded mess & all the chickens pretended to be ducks. Wet Orpingtons are very pathetic & funny-looking. None were posing like they usually do, and all I got was a bunch of dirty looks. LOL

The blue orp's 4wk old little brothers have more comb development than she does!

Beautiful pullet!!!!!

All of these babies are 6 weeks old. I wrote my guess on the pictures but would love more experienced feedback since this is only my second season doing this. Thank you!!
I don't know much about wyandottes, but the rest look male to me.

no guesses on these two yet?

Unfortunately, they're still too young to sex. ;)
~Sarah

Okay. The Wait is killing me lol. Think they are going to be tiny. Hope.... If girls they'll be my broodies. The lady i got them from said they'll set on anything.. Besides being so darn cute.

We gave our mysyery blue orp some time to explore her feminine side.

Her comb & wattles haven't changed. She's 8 wks old, and I'm thinking female now. (or else I'll have to do another photo shoot.) Here she was a few days ago. My yard was a flooded mess & all the chickens pretended to be ducks. Wet Orpingtons are very pathetic & funny-looking. None were posing like they usually do, and all I got was a bunch of dirty looks. LOL

The blue orp's 4wk old little brothers have more comb development than she does!
She looks like a girl, congrats! I have an 8 week old chocolate orpington that is confusing me now. I thought it was a cockerel cause its comb pinked up early, but now it is looking the same as the pullets. I know the line matures early, so I am hoping it might be female. I have one of its female relatives that was quite pink in the face by 7 weeks. I need to get some pics of it though.

Males are solid white. They develop red leakage as they near maturity.

I didn't think to look when I bought them if they were straight run or pullets, and after calling TSC I was feeling very uncertain. None of them are solid white, so that makes me feel better. Not that I'd be mad if I had a few males (I kind of wanted one or two for protection purposes, and to hear them crow lol), but I wasn't sure what to think at this point. LOL! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom