Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

IMG_6999.jpg

Don't know the breeds and we are afraid we may have all roosters on our hands!! All were hatched around May 1st, so they are around 16-17 weeks. The large white one is crowing and mean. The other 2 have some characteristics of a rooster, but haven't heard them crowing yet. No eggs and none seemed to be interested in nesting boxes at all. What are your thoughts??

View attachment 1121707

Don't know the breeds and we are afraid we may have all roosters on our hands!! All were hatched around May 1st, so they are around 16-17 weeks. The large white one is crowing and mean. The other 2 have some characteristics of a rooster, but haven't heard them crowing yet. No eggs and none seemed to be interested in nesting boxes at all. What are your thoughts??
3 cockerels

THANK you! The last one sure seemed like a roo to us with those tall tail feathers... but it's not crowing and the comb is still light pink... We really appreciate the help!!!
The tail feathers are molting on them. See how a few have them grown back in partially, and how one only has two black tail feathers left? Juvenile molting, completely normal. Males, regardless of breed, are never that coloration.

These 2 are 5 months old - I had been thinking pullets, but now I am wondering about the red one. They are both mixed breeds. They are giant compared to all my other girls and the others in their flock were very obviously either boys or girls weeks and weeks ago. I have not yet seen these 2 act like boys or be treated like girls if you know what I mean :)

Attachments

• 0826171538.jpg
    0826171538.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 0826171534a.jpg
    0826171534a.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 20
These 2 are 5 months old - I had been thinking pullets, but now I am wondering about the red one. They are both mixed breeds. They are giant compared to all my other girls and the others in their flock were very obviously either boys or girls weeks and weeks ago. I have not yet seen these 2 act like boys or be treated like girls if you know what I mean :)
Very obvious cockerels.

Can anyone help sex these Ayam Cemani? I was told they're about seven months. I think they're cockerels.
Bird number 1:
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2184.JPG

Bird number 2:
IMG_2183.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG

And then both with my Ayam Cemani cockerel (they really seem to love him, follow him, perch with him)
IMG_2182.JPG
IMG_2196.JPG

Back
Top Bottom